I am back again with an another query that keeps a lot of us confused! Is waxing facial hair harmful for skin? Is it? Or is it not? Many of us are experimenting with different methods of removing facial hair and waxing happens to be just one of them! So in today’s post, let me answer this question of yours. Let’s get started!
Pros of Waxing Facial Hair
1. If you have a lot of facial hair and bleaching or shaving just doesn’t work, then waxing is a great way to remove those pesky facial hairs.
2. The effect of waxing lasts longer than many other methods of removing facial hair. Waxing will keep your face hair free for more than 2 weeks easily.
3. Waxing uproots the shaft of the hair and because of this, the hair that grows back is smooth and soft.
4. Waxing reduces the growth of hair and over time, your face will be completely hair-free if you will continue doing it.
5. Waxing is quite economical as you just wax your face and you don’t need to repeat the process for several weeks.
Cons of Waxing Facial Hair
1. It may not be suitable for ladies with extremely sensitive skin.
2. Since the skin on your face is thinner than the rest of your body, it is very likely that your skin will be slightly red for a few hours post waxing. Although, this redness subsides within couple of hours.
3. The skin on your face is more sensitive and delicate than the rest of your body, so naturally waxing your face will be more painful than the rest of your body.
4. If you are facing severe acne issues, then waxing may aggravate it further. If this is the case, then you need to resort to some other methods.
5. If waxing is not done professionally or in a proper way, then it may lead to mild allergies on your face too.
6. If the same area is waxed several times, the skin will become reddened and may lead to boils.
It is a painless method but keeps you hair free for only few days.
Most of the women use bleach for facial hair. You need to repeat the process every 10-15 days for proper results.
3. Laser Hair Removal
This is a near perfect solution to have hair free skin. The only drawback is that it is not an economical solution.
This can be definitely painful, but keeps you hair-free for at least 10-15 days. If you have extremely sensitive skin, then threading may lead to redness on the skin.
So, now we learnt all about various methods of removing facial hair and also know a lot about pros and cons of removing facial hair using waxing. So, now coming back to the question, is it safe?
The answer to this would be to analyse your skin and then go for it. Waxing fairly suits a lot of women and they find it the most convenient! But, there are a handful of women who didn’t like the after effects of it or it didn’t suit them well. If you are thinking of waxing your face for the first time, then do get it done by a certified professional and I think you will be sorted. You can definitely try waxing at least once to check whether it suits you or not!
Hope it helped!
Pros and Cons of Waxing Facial Hair
9 Things You Should Never Do After Waxing
Waxing vs Epilators – What Do You Prefer for Hair Removal?
All About Italian Rica Waxing
How To Care For Skin After Waxing
Olay Smooth Finish Facial Hair Removal Duo
How to Bleach Your Facial Hair the Right Way
Sleek Wax Pack with Aloe Vera: Facial Hair Remover
Top 5 Facial Hair Removal Methods
Nair Facial Hair Removal Cream
Harmful Ingredients Present in Skin Whitening Products
7 Ways To Protect Your Skin From The Harmful Effects of Air Pollution
Harmful Effects of Parabens on Skin You Should be Aware of
0 out of
5 based on