My hair does not hold curls! Even if I use “super hot” tools, the curls do not hold for more than a few minutes unless I douse them with a strong hold spray. I avoid using a lot of styling products in my hair because the long list of chemicals appears scary to me and since I inherited the tendency of premature greying of hair, I am skepitcal about what products I use in my hair. Be as it may, obviously, I cannot go completely “chemical free” about my hair needs and hence have to use a good serum and a setting spray to fix my hair and make it more presentable when I head out.
Massive shine hairspray gives serious hold, adds body and resists humidity while guarding against dryness. Holds any style. Good for any hair length and texture.
My Experience with Tigi Bed Head Mini Masterpiece Massive Shine Hair Spray:
I bought this product because it claims to be extra firm and fast drying, but above all, it claims to add shine, which is essential for me since my hair is dry and frizzy. It has good reviews and most of the salons and hair experts recommend Tigi products. It performs well as a setting and control spray and also has the usual drawbacks of a strong hold spray. It is a good hair styling and control spray and gives a firm hold to keep a hair do in place.
The product comes in two sizes – 9.5 oz and 2.4 oz. The product comes in an aluminium bottle with a spray mechanism (the kind which is common for hair spray bottles). The finish of the bottle is shiny green with a neon spray pump on top and it gives it a very classy and elegant finish. The other side of the bottle has a long list of ingredients which is a big concern for me but then no matter how expensive a hair spray it invariably has a long list of ingredients. It contains high amount of alcohol which is drying and flammable (can be a concern for some of us).
I use a curling iron to curl my hair and then immediately spray it with it this Tigi hair spray. This single step keeps my curls in place till I run my fingers or comb through my hair. I also use this hair spray to fix my fly-a-way hair and if I ever make a different hairdo, I spray it with the hair spray to keep it intact and mess free. It smells very artificial because of high content of alcohol and other chemicals but it vanishes soon after application. It also does not leave behind flaky white residue but it does build up after using it for 2-3 consecutive days. I start to notice white tiny flakes which can be removed only after a hair wash. This is the case with all strong hold sprays.
Pros of Tigi Bed Head Mini Masterpiece Massive Shine Hair Spray:
- A good hair spray from a reliable brand – endorsed by most hair salons.
- Comes in two sizes and one can try the smaller size before investing in a bigger-sized bottle.
- Comes in a sturdy bottle which does not appear or feel cheap – it has a rather attractive look.
- Gives a strong hold to hair, adds body and resists humidity while controlling hair dryness.
- Strong, artificial fragrance, but it does not linger.
- Does not make hair oily.
- Does not leave behind any residue (it does however, start to build up after 2-3 days of consecutive use).
- Has a firm hold, good for keeping pretty hair-dos in place, especially when I wear curls.
Cons of Tigi Bed Head Mini Masterpiece Massive Shine Hair Spray:
- A long list of chemicals and has high alcohol content.
- Can be expensive for some and they might want to look for more affordable dupes by L’Oreal or Tresemme.
- After using it for 2-3 days, it starts to leave white, flaky residue on hair and that can be removed only after a hair wash.
Would I Recommend Tigi Bed Head Mini Masterpiece Massive Shine Hair Spray?
It is a good hair hold spray which serves my needs well. It does not harm my hair in a visible manner. I do recommend it to all those who are on the look for a good and well performing hair spray.
Tigi Bed Head Mini Masterpiece Massive Shine Hair Spray
TIGI Bed Head Styleshots Epic Volume Shampoo
TIGI Bed Head Control Freak Serum
TIGI Catwalk Oatmeal and Honey Nourishing Shampoo
Toni and Guy Glamour Moisturising Shine Spray
Aussie Miracle Hair Spray Shine + Hold
Schwarzkopf Weather Taft Shine Lamination-Effect Hair Lacquer
Batiste Stylist Shield My Locks Heat and Shine Spray
0 out of
5 based on